Sewage Spill Closes Monterey Municipal Beach | Environment
MONTEREY, Calif- The City of Monterey has reported to the Environmental Health Bureau that sewage has spilled into the storm drain system along Pacific Street.
The spill happened around 3:45 PM Thursday and is estimated to be as much as 70,000 gallons.
The Monterey Municipal Beach will remain closed until samples indicate that the water is again safe for contact according to state guidelines.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bomb Squad Called Out to Investigate Suspicious Device Found in Seaside
- SANTCUARY CLASSIC: CHILDREN'S PHOTO AND FISHING CONTEST
- Roll-Over Accident Sends CalStar Helicopter to Seaside
- Bomb Squad Called to Seaside When Grenade Found During Monterey Murder Investigation
- Black Bear Spotted in Backyard of Home in Seaside